What all do you guys do over at My New Release?
- We have short descriptions of all our services here. If you have more questions after reading through that, please give us a call or shoot us an email – info[at]mynewrelease[dot]com.
- We have two options – you can either choose a package by looking here OR you can pick and choose which things you’d like to do by looking here. We’ll put together an invoice for ya – 50% is required upfront. We accept payments through Paypal or you can send us a check. Then, before we submit all the final items for distribution, we’ll require the final payment. Easy, right?!
- You let us know what you need from our list of packages or just the overall list of services we offer. THEN, we send you a form you’ll need to fill out with all the info we’ll need to take care of all your accounts. We’ll then, work like ninjas to get all of your song babies out to the distributors, PROs, copyrights office, Bandcamp, Facebook, etc. Once we’ve finished creating and populating those accounts, we will send you a final document with all information you’ll need. You will be ready to receive payments from your digital distributors, receive royalties from your PRO & have a landing spot on Facebook where you can interact with your fans while they can stream your music. Simple enough?
How long does it take to get my music on iTunes so one million people can purchase my single?
- Most digital distributors need at least three weeks to get an album live on iTunes. It’s never guaranteed how long it will take, but that is the normal lead-time. The further in advance you get us your album to put online, the better. For example, if you send us all your information on May 1st and your release date is June 1st, we will set your release date for June 1st and that’s when it should go live. Also note, that some of the other distributors [eMusic, Spotify, Amazon.com] may need more time. So, the best bet is to send us your info as soon as possible so that everything is live on the day of your release.
What if I already released my album? Can you all still help?
- You bet! Many artists we talk to have already had albums out – plenty of them haven’t been registered properly OR they have some items taken care of but not others. We can put together a specific package for what your needs might be if your project is already released.
What is publishing?
- Funny you should ask that, because we happen to have a post about that. Click here.
How long does the whole process take if I want to sign up for publishing and digitally distribute my album to the masses?
- If you are new to publishing, it will take up to three to four weeks to confirm your publishing entity and business. From there, we’ll register your songs. However, we can always have certain elements done before the publishing has been registered. We will provide a timeline for you when we begin the process.
Can I talk to a real person?
- Absolutely. We are available Monday-Friday from 9:00-6:00pm CST. Our number is 832.934.3071. We want you to feel comfortable in this whole process and know that your project is valued.
Are you ninjas?
- It has been disputed before, but we haven’t gotten our certification in quite yet.